* Saturday 8th February - NPS Dressage - Chiverton Riding School
Contact Lucy Booth – 07967 542414 email@example.com
*NEW - Saturday 15th February - Mathew Lawrence clinic. Tall Trees Arena, Davidstow - £25-00 per rider / per session Contact Marie Richards 07773 145625
Tall Trees Arena, Davidstow - £25-00 per rider / per session
Contact Marie Richards 07773 145625
* Saturday 1st March - Mathew Lawrence clinic. Tall Trees Arena. £25-00 per rider / per session CANCELLED
* Sunday 16th March - NPS Dressage - Polean, Pelynt.
Contact Lucy Booth – 07967 542414 firstname.lastname@example.org
* Sunday 4th May 2014. - Early show with NPS Summer qualifiers. In hand, ridden and WHP.
Resparveth Riding Centre. Contact Graham Bunney 07528 653069 email@example.com
* Sunday 6th July. - Summer show, Royal Cornwall Showground.
Contact Gemma Trevenna 07807 118795 firstname.lastname@example.org
NPS Summer Championships 2013
Some great results from NPS Champs for our members, and our friends across the Tamar in area 10. Fab show enjoyed by all. If you were there, please post your results in mments on this thread. Well done all.
Chloe Hawken & Llannor two rivers winners of junior ridden final small breeds. Also 8th in intermediate A's & B's
Emma Devey and Graham Bunneys’ Holmedown Red Sox (3 year old Highland) 1st 2/3 year old Highland and reserve champion Highland, 1st mixed large breeds geldings and reserve champion mixed m&m, 3rd in both home produced and silver medal m&m finals.
Karen Andrews’ Dwylan Meilir & Rebecca Storey, 1st Concours Delegance, 1st Child Handler, 5th Micor Demolition open lead rein M & M Championship and 10th Kingsford Novice lead rein M & M Championship.
Paula Furniss’ Polmesk Supersonic, 4th in open Home produced. Ridden by Ella.
Katey Londesboroughs’ Stanley Grange Sophisticat - 1st & champion 138cm riding pony youngstock & 1st & res champion sports horse breeding.
Sue Smiths’ Forlan Honey King, 1st M&M small breeds Silver Medal Champion , Overall Gold Medal winner of the Kilmannan Stud Silver Medal Final. Also Gellihaf Romeo 1st Welsh Section C stallion , 4th Supreme British Isles Championship Final. : ) : )
Sophie James’ Glenmore Gwennic, 2nd Picton Connemara Final, 1st & Res Champion Starter Stakes Final.
Amy Jones, Lowhouses Bright Star - 3rd Dales hoys qualifier, 3rdRingside stud open ridden final, 2nd ridden silver medal final.
Sarah Julian and Alison Devonshire - Chyvounder Hot Toddy 6th competition pony final. 7th Picton New Forest final. 1st starter stakes final. Chyvounder Waterlily 2nd starter stakes qualifier, 3rd starter stakes final.
Carrie Quick - Holmedown Niagara Falls 1st Peasedown F/D/H final, Reserve Peasedown Champion and 7th Dalgarvel 6 y/old final.
Gemma Trevenna Colby Velvet Charm, 2nd novice brood mare - Colby Prince Charming won foal class and went reserve champ.
Paul Davis’ Highland mare, Lochlands Snow Maiden went Highland breed champion and went forward to the Cuddy In hand Supreme qualifier and stood Reserve champion.
Summer Show 2013 - Results
NPS Area 26 held their 2013 Summer Show at Royal Cornwall showground on the 6th July. Under a blue sky, a good number of quality ponies came forward to compete for a range of NPS qualifiers, Silver Medals and Welsh Bronze Rosettes.
NPS in-hand Silver medal championship. Judge Mr R Miller
Champ - Bracklinn Dynamite - Mr& Mrs McNamara Lydvale Stud
Res champ - Gellihaf Romeo - Sue Smith Manwee Stud
Welsh Bronze Rosette Classes – Judge Mr R Miller
Welsh Section A
Champ - Bengad Wild Honeysuckle - Mrs J Johns.
Res Champ – Cefnfedw Tinkerbell – Mrs V Pierce.
Welsh Section B
Champ - Kallared Ladykiller –Mrs J Wilson.
Res champ - Tresparrett Fusilier -Mrs E Kenyon.
Welsh Section C
Champ - Maenan CJ - Mr & Mrs R Curtis. Polmesk Stud
Res champ – Brohedydd Flying lady - KateLutey.
Welsh Section D
Champ - Kensa Desert Rose - Kate Lutey.
Res champ - Kensa Celtic Princess – Kate Lutey.
M&M Riddens Judges Mrs C. Fletcher & Mrs J Bryer
Champ Rochedo Beach Boy - Dartmoor –ridden by Izzy Alderson
Res Thistledown Passion Flower- welsh section A - ridden by Connie Cleary.
Ridden Silver medal championship
Champ Saltmarsh Tittle Tattle – Welsh section C owned by J Callan – ridden by Hollie Callan
Res Holmedown Niagara Falls – Highland C. Quick & J Roberts ridden by Carrie Quick.
Ring 3 – Judge Miss A Jones.
Champion ridden sp /shp
Milton Page Boy – Jordan Pooley
Res Chasecroft Dawn Chorus – Izzy Alderson
Show hunter pony In hand championship
Melgra super trooper - brison
Holnest finnegan - N.Walters
Show pony In hand championship
Crahan SweetEelegance - Mrs Kivell
Crahan Sweet Faberge - Mrs Kivell
British isle Inhand championship
Bengad Wild Honeysuckle - Mr and Mrs Johns
Gellihaf Romeo - Sue Smith
British Isles Ridden champion
Champ Milton Page Boy- Jordan Pooley
Res Saltmarsh Tittle Tattle - J Callan.
Ring 4- Judge Mrs S. Hore
Andrew Clemens once again built a fantastic working hunter pony course that was challenging and well received by all competitors, with numbers up significantly on last year.
Whp champion & British Isle qualifier,
Tulira Darog – Connemara owned by S Cookson – ridden by Jessica Please
Glenmoore Gwenic – Connemara owned by A James – ridden by Emma James
Competition / sports pony championship.
Holnest Finnegan - N Walters
Saltmarsh Tittle Tattle -J Callan.
Our Supreme Championship was judged by Mr Micheal Cook from Taunton and was awarded to Mr and Mrs Johns – welsh section A mare Bengad Wild Honeysuckle.
Reserve supreme went to the Fell colt Bracklinn Dynamite owned by Mr & Mrs McNamara.
Many thanks to our judges, stewards, sponsors, announcer, course builder, first aider and everyone who helped in any way.
Photographs are available from http://www.rachaelbromagephotography.co.uk/
NPS Area 26 Summer Show Results 2012
Despite all the recent rain, and the torrential rain that fell on Cornwall on Friday night, the show went ahead. I had a facebook message at 5-30am from Sarah Please to check we were still going ahead before she set off as it was still hammering down in Devon. At that late stage it was a case of ‘the show must go on’.
The rain had eased by now and the forecast was for possible showers. In the event we had very little rain, and even had some sunshine and blue skies, so all those who did brave the unpredictable weather enjoyed the show.
Making use of the tarmac areas for parking lorries was a big help. The ground underfoot in the rings was still quite firm and in the workers ring it really didn’t cut up much throughout the day.
Photographs are available on http://www.eclipse-photos.co.uk/
Supreme Champion - Crahan Rum Truffle - Mrs M Kivell
Reserve Supreme - Bobby Dazzler - Amy Payne
M&M In Hand Champion and Silver Medal
Hurtstock Moonman, Lucy Booth.
M&M Mini Champion - Polmesk Super Sonic Ella Furniss
Reserve Llanarth Sotherby Amy Richards.
M&M Ridden Champion and Silver Medal
Wootton Crystal Fire Debby Booth
Reserve Dunkery Tawny Owl Jenna Payne
SP/SHP Ridden Champion Chycoose Troubador Kathryn Pitt
Ridden by Lucy Bowden
Reserve Oldacres Romeo Damon Carne
Hack & Riding Horse In-hand
Champion Cartier Kathryn Pitt
Reserve Penolva Hoity Toity S Crosbie
SHP In Hand & Silver Medal
Champion Bobby Dazzler Amy Payne
Reserve St. Lawrence Pretty Fair K Annear
SP In-hand & Silver Medal
Champion Crahan RumTruffle Mrs M Kivell
Reserve Holtess Sugar Tot Mrs M Kivell
Champion Tawna Prudence Mrs P Tabb
Reserve Tawna Viceroy Mrs P Tabb
Champion Tegen Minstrel J Merely
Reserve Raphael C Evans
British Isles In-Hand Hurtstock Moonman Lucy Booth
Resreve Crahan RumTruffle Mrs M Kivell
British Isles Ridden Wootton Crystal Fire Debby Booth
Reserve Dunkery Tawny Owl Jenna Payne
M&M Workers Champion Alltwallis Syr Hari Gemma Tooze
+ British Isle qualifier
Reserve Hurtstock Starman Lucy Booth
+ British Isle qualifier
Ring 4 - Unaffiliated
Champion Master Mickey Finn S Holdaway
Reserve Qualine Des Fosseye David Curnow
Champion Broomells Sun Up R Jones
Reserve Hawk J Carne
Coloured Champion Hawk J Carne
Reserve Lavista Brilliant Remark J&K Richards
Scaled down hack / hunter
Champion Hawk J Carne
Reserve Lil mix of Colour J Carne
Champion Done Deal B Roberts
Reserve Wyedean Aaron Charlotte Rowe
Thank you everyone for the positive feedback. It all went well despite the weather.
My personal thanks go to the committee Gemma Trevenna, Stephen Trevenna,
Holly Noott, Rob Curtis, Lucy Booth and Area President Heather Banbury, who have all worked very hard to put this show together.
The Judges Mrs J Webb, Mrs C Stevenson, Mrs S Bartle, Mrs D Jordan, Mrs S Wilkinson.
Our Independant Supreme Championship judge Mr Tony Geake.
Our Ring Stewards Fred Kellow, Amanda Lean, John Stokes, Heather Pastor, Irene Summerill and Bradley.
Jane Samson for her clear and concise announcements throughout the day.
Our workers Course builder Andrew Clemens who did such a fantastic job, drawing some high compliments. Fraddon Show committee for the use of the jumps.
And not forgetting Emma, Karen, and Sophie and anyone else who did anything to help.
St Johns Ambulance Service for providing first aid cover, fortunately they had nothing serious to deal with.
Our main Sponsors Chycoose Stud and Timberstore UK and the many others as listed on our website.
And of course those who braved the dodgy weather and brought ponies and horses without whom we wouldn't have had a show.
GREAT TEAM EFFORT
If anyone has photographs from the show that you would like to share on this web site please email to email@example.com
Home Produced Classes
Home produced is defined in the NPS rule book as :-
“Ponies which are either stabled at home at home or in a DIY yard and which since 1st January in the current year have not been shown by a producer, or stabled in a producer’s yard other than on a DIY basis or at stud. Ponies shown in these classes must be produced and shown by the owner/spouse or his/her immediate family”. Please enter this class in the spirit it s intended. Competitors who contravene the above will be disqualified.
It is very difficult for show secretaries and stewards to know that ponies coming forward for these classes are eligible, hence show organizers must rely on owners complying with the NPS request in bold type above, or someone raising an objection.
Keeping with spirit of the class must be the best way all round!
More in depth definition can be found in Section A 3.6 of the rule book.
RULES AND CONDITIONS
1. The organisers and each of the show’s officers, servants or agents shall not be in any way responsible or accountable for any loss, injury or damage that may happen (from any cause or circumstances whatsoever) to exhibitors or their servants or agents or other members of the public, to any animal or property, or to any vehicle brought onto the showground, or on premises used in conjunction with the show, or while entering or leaving , or for anything else in conjunction with, or arising out of, or attributable to the show.
2. This show is run under the showing and competition rules of the National Pony Society (NPS).
3. In all classes the judge’s decision is final.
4. Qualifying rounds are open to both NPS Members and Non Members BUT ONLY the highest placed NPS ADULT MEMBER (standard or Full), on production of their membership card in the ring, will be eligible to qualify for the Final. A valid membership card must be in the rider/handler’s possession on entering the ring. NPS Adult/Standard members will be required to upgrade to Full members to enter the Final. Qualification to go no lower than third place.
5. Any person wishing to lodge a protest having reference to any persons or exhibit, shall do so in writing within 30 minutes of the completion of the class and at the same time shall deposit a sum of £20. If the investigation by the committee shows the protest is not sustained, the deposit shall forfeited to the funds of the show. The committee’s decision will be final.
6. All Mountain and Moorland ponies must be registered with their respective breed society and be shown in accordance with their individual society rules.
7. The organisers reserve the right to amend the judges’ panel and order of classes if it should become necessary
8. The committee cannot be held responsible for the clashing of classes – competitors should bear this in mind when making their entries. No entry fees will be refunded.
9. The committee reserves the right to amalgamate classes if deemed necessary.
10. The committee reserves the right to refuse entries without giving a reason.
11. The committee reserves the right to retain all or part of the entry fees in the event of the show being cancelled.
12. Stallions and colts. In hand classes: handlers must have attained their 14th birthday before the 1st of January in the current year. Ridden small breeds classes: riders must have attained their 11th birthday before the 1st of January in the current year. Ridden large breed classes: riders must have attained their 14th birthday before the 1st of January in the current year. Handlers 14 and under must wear a correctly secured, approved hat.
13. No pony under the age of 4 may compete in any ridden class.
14. Spurs are not allowed in any ridden class
15. Anyone found mistreating a horse or pony may be asked to leave the showground and be reported to the appropriate body.
16. All dogs must be kept on a lead